Dec 21, 2015; New Orleans, LA, USA; New Orleans Saints wide receiver Brandin Cooks (10) makes a 27-yard touchdown catch while defended by Detroit Lions cornerback Nevin Lawson (24) in the third quarter of the game at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Mandatory Credit: Chuck Cook-USA TODAY Sports
The New Orleans Saints face their 2nd straight playoff “elimination” game this Sunday afternoon against the (7-4) and NFC North division leading Detroit Lions.
While mathematically the (5-6) Saints may not need to win all of their 5 remaining games, any REALISTIC chances of them getting to the post-season will be eliminated with a loss.
The Saints undoubtedly will need a team effort on all sides of the ball against this surging Lions team.
More from New Orleans Saints
- New Orleans Saints: Three biggest questions heading into the offseason
- New Orleans Saints: Three positives to take from playoff loss
- New Orleans Saints: Bold predictions for Wild Card Round vs. Vikings
- New Orleans Saints: Complete roster breakdown vs. Minnesota Vikings
- New Orleans Saints: The one overarching reason why the Vikings will lose
Players like Drew Brees of course; and more recently other stars such as Kenny Vaccaro, Cam Jordan and Mark Ingram have been instrumental in helping the Saints win in recent weeks.
However, most games are still also decided by the “supporting cast” of players that surround a team’s star players.
With that in mind, we give you 5 of the Saints who the team will need to help them “cage” the Lions during Sunday’s game in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
And we begin first with this (unhappy?) young man……