Dec 13, 2015; Tampa, FL, USA; New Orleans Saints wide receiver Willie Snead (83) dives for a first down while tackled by Tampa Bay Buccaneers free safety Bradley McDougald (30) during the second quarter at Raymond James Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports
The New Orleans Saints travel to Florida to play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this Sunday. The Saints face the “ultimate back against the wall” scenario: win, or their slim playoff hopes are all but ended.
New Orleans must win all of their remaining games to have any realistic playoff chance at all, and still must depend on a number of teams currently seeded ahead of them to lose at least 1 of their games as well.
More from New Orleans Saints
- New Orleans Saints: Three biggest questions heading into the offseason
- New Orleans Saints: Three positives to take from playoff loss
- New Orleans Saints: Bold predictions for Wild Card Round vs. Vikings
- New Orleans Saints: Complete roster breakdown vs. Minnesota Vikings
- New Orleans Saints: The one overarching reason why the Vikings will lose
Tampa Bay is tied with Atlanta for the NFC South division lead at 7-5, and have won four consecutive games.
These two foes will cross paths again 2 weeks from Sunday, but New Orleans must beat the Bucs this Sunday for that game to have any playoff meaning at all.
Coming off last week’s colossal disappointment at home in a loss to Detroit, the Saints must regroup quickly.
Here are some key match ups to keep a special eye on this weekend, as a number of these players will need to regroup from their own individual performances of last week.
And we start first with this one…..