2. Alvin Gentry
Alvin Gentry may not be a player on the court but he absolutely can still be a disappointment through four games and thus far he has. The New Orleans Pelicans coach has not been that great in these four games and has made some questionable decisions, part of which is the reason why the Pelicans are 0-4.
More from Big Easy Believer
- New Orleans Saints: Three biggest questions heading into the offseason
- New Orleans Saints: Three positives to take from playoff loss
- New Orleans Pelicans: Betting guide vs. Sacramento Kings
- New Orleans Saints: Bold predictions for Wild Card Round vs. Vikings
- New Orleans Pelicans: Betting guide in Los Angeles Lakers rematch
Gentry has handled the rotations really strangely this season and it genuinely fills like he does not have a total grip on the team. Whether it is limiting Lonzo Ball minutes early on in the season or keeping cold shooters in the game, such as Redick, Gentry has made several criticizable mistakes.
The unfortunate part about this is that Gentry cannot turn it around like a player. If a player is missing his threes and is a three-point shooter then the shooting will come back around as they get into a groove.
Gentry, however, cannot really get into a groove and would need some big coaching changes to really improve as a head coach.
And at this point, a coach kind of is who they will already be and there is a very good chance that Gentry does not switch it up at all and adopts a “my way or the highway” attitude.
I think he is smart enough to know to change if needed but if he doesn’t then the Pelicans will never reach their full potential this season.