Aug 30, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; LSU Tigers linebacker Kwon Alexander (4) tackles Wisconsin Badgers running back Melvin Gordon (25) during the first quarter at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
There have been many questions surrounding the LSU Football program this off season. Les Miles and company will look to answer some of those questions when the Tigers take on the Wisconsin Badgers at Lambeau Field in Green Bay on Saturday, in the season opener for both schools.
Les Miles is entering his 12th year at the helm of one of the nation’s truly elite football programs of the last decade.
More from LSU Tigers
- LSU Football: We’ve been saying it all along, LSU deserves to be No. 1
- LSU Football: Betting guide for the SEC Championship vs. Georgia
- LSU Football: It’s outrageous if LSU isn’t ranked first after beating Georgia
- LSU Football: Who gets in the playoff if LSU beats Georgia?
- LSU Football: A loss to Georgia shouldn’t stop College Football Playoff bid
As such, expectations in Baton Rouge are very high — as most observers have the Tigers ranked as a Pre-Season Top 5 team.
The team returns 18 of 22 starters on offense and defense; and boasts the 3rd-ranked signing class of 2016. Leonard Fournette is a prime candidate for the Heisman Trophy and the defense has a wealth of talent.
Now they face the unranked but always dangerous Wisconsin Badgers team from the Big Ten, in what promises to be a rollicking opening contest at the sacred Lambeau Field in Green Bay.
Let’s take a look at some things to watch for when LSU kicks off their 2016 season this Saturday Night, followed by Big Easy Believer’s final prediction for the contest against the Badgers…..
Next: The Biggest Question Mark